Ridge Park Civic Association is a community organization of volunteers working to improve our neighborhood within Roxborough & Manayunk in Philadelphia, PA.
Ridge Park Civic Association is a Registered Community Organization (RCO) for the community between Henry Avenue and the Schuylkill River, from Hermitage Street to Harmon Road, Canton & Umbria Streets to Leverington Ave. (See Area Map) Ridge Park Civic is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to supporting community interests and preserving the unique characteristics of the neighborhood that residents all know and love.
Ridge Park Civic holds regular quarterly meetings to address community concerns with group members and guests alike. The public meetings often include presentations from developers wanting to build in the neighborhood and demonstrations from local officials about changes in the area. Community members can voice their questions and comments in an open-forum-style gathering.
Ridge Park Civic is committed to serving the community by supporting its needs in a variety of ways, including:
- Zoning Hearings are a big part of how RPCA supports the community. Any construction plans needing a zoning variance come to the RPCA, and our board handles community feedback, deliberations with developers, presenting to the Zoning Board, hiring legal council and representation, and more.
- Neighborhood Conservation Overlay (NCO) maintains the beautiful public streetscape and visual qualities of our neighborhood by implementing standards for new construction.
- Tree Tenders plants trees locally in collaboration with the PA Horticultural Society.
- Clean ups in Germany Hill & other areas remove trash and debris throughout the year.
- Inter-Community Organization Collaboration, by corresponding with other local RCOs, especially when properties overlap boundary lines.
- Publishing community updates, whether here on this site, via email updates, or on Facebook. We spread awareness of things happening in the neighborhood.
- Community Outreach / Resident support
The Ridge Park Civic Association became an official Registered Community Organization (RCO) in July 2018.